Responsible for holding the management of EASI to account and driving the quality of service and welfare of our learners, our governance systems are also responsible for the financial health of EASI; making sure that public funds are used effectively. The Governing Team are also responsible for challenging our company targets and progression.
We have a number of governance systems that continue to evolve as we transition from sole sub-contractor status to prime provider.
Who are our Governing Team?
- Julie Rawson (Chair of Governors & Managing Director)
- Jenny Jenkins (Non-Executive Director)
- Gemma Hall (Operations Director)
- Katie Saunders (Finance Director)
How does EASI Governance work?
EASI are governed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (the ESFA). The Agency is accountable for funding education and skills for children, young people and adults. ESFA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Education. We attend regular contract meetings where our performance is reviewed against agreed targets.
EASI are subject to Ofsted inspections. Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They inspect services providing education and skills for learners of all ages and their role is to make sure that EASI provide education, training and care to a high standard for our learners.
In addition to these arrangements EASI have used a number of other systems to influence and challenge our business including:
- Managing Director. Julie Rawson, founder of EASI Hairdressing Academy, has taken a Governance role since 2011. Julie oversees all strategic decisions and holds the management team to account.
- Lockhart Hawkins. A consultancy service that have provided efficiency improvements and Learner Support development whilst challenging processes and completing annual funding compliance audits.
- SRF Consulting. An expert team of auditors, and specialists in the rules governing the delivery of Education & Skills Funding Agency provision carry out an annual funding audit of EASI learner files.
- Sarah Wade. A contractor with 5 years experience, and a former Quality Manager for EASI, Sarah provides bi-monthly external audits of apprentice paperwork and funding systems.
Whilst the Chair or Governors and Non-Executive Director(s) aren’t expected to get involved in day-to day operational detail, we find that the Operations and Finance Directors provide the governing team with a useful opportunity to get closer to the operational business and understand the business culture.
When do the Governing Team Meet?
From 2019 our Governing Team have scheduled to meet six times a year.
In addition, small working groups are sometimes set up to consider specific issues, and report into the Governing Team.
The Governing Team generally meets on a Tuesday from 9.30am to 2.30pm. Members of the public are not entitled to attend meetings, unless by specific invitation (‘member of the public’ is defined as anyone who is not a member of the Governing Team). However, the public are permitted to request to attend meetings as observers on prior agreement with the Chair (this can be arranged via the Office Manager of EASI Hairdressing Academy). The attendance of observers is subject to approval with regard to confidentially and particular interest etc. If you’re interested in attending a meeting, please contact the Office Manager on 01206 579949.
The dates of Governing Team meetings for 2019 are as follows:
- Tuesday 15th January
- Tuesday 26th March
- Tuesday 21st May
- Tuesday 23rd July
- Tuesday 14th October
- Tuesday 19th November
How can I become a part of the Governing Team?
EASI are always looking to develop their Governing Team with volunteers from the local community including employers, schools, parents etc. If you think you might be interested or would like to find out more, please contact Gemma Hall, Operations Director on 01206 579949 or email@example.com.
EASI is committed to a policy of open governance and we hope that you are able to find the information you are looking for in these pages. However, please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.