How we use your information
The privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important to us.
This privacy notice explains how and why we use your personal data, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to make sure you can be confident about giving us your information.
This notice applies if you:
- use any of our services, visit our website, contact us via social media, or email, call or write to us;
- wish to stay in touch with EASI Hairdressing Academy to hear about our courses, competitions, events and taster days;
- are a registered Learner (or parent/carer of a Learner aged under 16 years) and are about to start, are currently studying or have completed a course with EASI;
- are a client or model visiting our academy;
- partner with EASI as a salon owner, working with our trainees and Apprentices.
We will never sell your personal data.
We will only share your personal information with organisations we work with when it’s necessary and explained to you beforehand and where the privacy and security of your data is assured.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website.
This privacy notice was last updated on 8 July 2021.
Who are ‘we’?
In this privacy notice, EASI Hairdressing Academy will be the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal information you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we”, “us” or “our”. By Data Controller, this means EASI determines the purposes and way in which any personal information is, or will be, processed.
Our registered address is 39a Head Street, Colchester, CO1 1NH.
EASI Hairdressing Academy is a specialist Hairdressing Training Provider offering Apprenticeship training programmes, as well as private funded and specialist short courses to support everyone from beginners to experienced stylists.
If you have any questions about this notice or how we use your personal data, please contact
by email: [email protected]
or by mail: The Quality Manager, EASI Hairdressing Academy, 39a Head Street, Colchester, CO1 1NH.
The types of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address, date of birth, contact information and Unique Learner Number);
- characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth);
- relevant medical and/or additional support information;
- attendance and assessment information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons, assessments completed and results);
- previous educational, learning and/or employment information.
Why we collect and use this information
We collect your data:
- to inform you of courses, events and competitions;
- to support learning;
- to monitor and report on Learner progress;
- to provide appropriate pastoral care and work with support partners;
- to assess and monitor the quality of our services and programmes;
- to deliver service safely and meet manufacturers’ instructions;
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing.
We collect and use information on a lawful basis under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The GDPR states EASI must have one or more of the following reasons to collect, hold and share your data:
- if your personal information needs to be processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement (e.g. we need to process your Learner records and/or Learner File);
- if you have given your consent for a particular purpose (e.g. to be contacted about EASI events and courses, or to liaise with you regarding your learning or appointments);
- if EASI has a legitimate interest when managing our business and needs to use your data to provide you with the best service in the most secure and appropriate way (e.g. to transfer your data to required Third Parties such as the Department for Education);
- to comply with a legal obligation where there is a statutory or other legal requirement to share your information (e.g. when we have to share your information for safeguarding, medical or law enforcement purposes).
Disclosure of personal data relating to race/ethnic origin/political opinion/religion/sexual orientation without explicit consent is prohibited. If data is used for statistical and/or monitoring purposes, wherever possible EASI will ensure data remains anonymous.
Most of the Learner and client information you provide to us is mandatory to allow us to continue to provide the services you wish to receive, but some of the information is provided to us on a voluntary basis to support us with monitoring and improving our services. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
We hold your personal data for the duration of your training programme and/or services you receive and securely store your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and in line with the requirements set down by the Department for Education and the Education and Skills Funding Agency. We do not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary and your data will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required by EASI.
Who we share your data with
We routinely share Learner personal information with:
- schools or institutions or organisations that Learners attend after leaving us;
- our local authority;
- the Department for Education (DfE) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA);
- medical or Learner Support providers as required;
- the salon you are working with while completing your training programme;
- awarding/certification bodies for registration and certification of your qualifications;
- Data Controllers who are limited to providing online systems and unable to process data.
We do not share information about our Learners, clients or partners with anyone without their individual explicit consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share Learners’ data with the Department for Education (DfE) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins funding and attainment policy and monitoring.
We will also share certain information about our Learners with our local authority and/or provider of youth support services as they have responsibilities in relation to the education or training of 13-19 year olds under section 507B of the Education Act 1996. This enables them to provide services as follows:
- post-16 education and training
- youth support services
- careers advice.
For more information about services for young people, please visit the local authority website.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under GDPR Learners, parents and clients have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s record (if the Learner is aged under 16 years),
email: [email protected]
or write to: The Quality Manager, EASI Hairdressing Academy, 39a Head Street, Colchester, CO1 1NH.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- prevent processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing by withdrawing your consent;
- object to decisions about your data being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data held about you rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the GDPR regulation.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Quality Manager
by email: [email protected]
or by mail to: The Quality Manager, EASI Hairdressing Academy, 39a Head Street, Colchester, CO1 1NH.